For realistic water pressure definition for different problems GALENA enables water pressure to be defined as:
- a simple phreatic surface
- a piezometric pressure within one, two..., or all material layers
- an Ru pressure within one, two..., or all material layers
- a dense above-ground liquid medium such as tailings slurry, or water, or
- any combination of these.
GALENA allows definition of a phreatic surface that extends above the slope surface, with a unit weight specified for the above-ground medium - this is particularly useful for modelling water retaining structures such as dams, tailings dams or slurry pondages.
Phreatic surface definition is simple - just two points in many cases, and GALENA's CAD-like mouse-draw functions make for easy definition of draw-down and non-planar surfaces.